Shelburne is a 60 resident long term care home nestled in the heart of downtown Shelburne.
“When you’re an RN, you know that every day you will touch a life, or that a life will touch yours.”
Ready to be part of a team that will truly value your hard work, dedication and effort? Are you passionate about providing compassionate and quality care to residents in long term care? If you are, we want to hear from you!
On a daily basis the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care.
You will be accountable for…
- Ensuring resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies
- Assisting in the assessment and monitoring of residents while working to develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans
- Managing and evaluating the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit, including orientations and other supervisory duties
- Monitoring performance, conducting performance appraisals and referring problems to the Director of Care
- Provide direction to the nursing department in the absence of the DOC
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors
- Registered/eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario
- Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency
- Excellent communication ( verbal and written) and comprehension skills
- Developed creative problem solving skills to look at the “big picture”
Interested applicants should send your resume directly to [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to SRicci@southbridgecare.ca