Website Parisien Manor
Parisien Manor is a 65 bed accredited and licensed long-term care home located in the beautiful community of Cornwall, Ontario.
Are you looking for a unique career development opportunity with a focus in a long-term care (LTC) setting? Are you looking for a flexible position with opportunity to work with our senior population?
As a member of the Clinical Team, the Dietitian consults with and advises the Dietary Manager and Director of Care concerning nutrition and hydration program needs. The Dietitian is responsible for nutritional assessment, nutritional care planning, implementation and follow-up for residents. This position offers flexible working hours, with an average of 15 hours of contracted services bi-weekly.
Our Dietician will be responsible for:
• Completing nutritional assessments for each resident using RAI MDS 2.0 as required
• Determining diet and/or other nutritional interventions to meet individual resident needs, while involving the family members and care team
• Developing, implementing and evaluating nutritional care plans that include identification of nutritional concerns, goals and interventions for all residents
• Maintaining excellent communication with the Dietary Manager regarding the changing needs of the residents
• Reviewing the two seasonal menus for nutritional adequacy and providing approval in writing
• Educating residents, family members, and team members regarding nutrition and hydration recommendations
• Participating on interdisciplinary committees related to resident care, facility operation and Quality indicators as required
The successful candidate for this role will:
• Be a Registered Dietitian, eligible for membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
• Have extensive knowledge of geriatric nutrition
• Have 3-5 years’ experience in a long-term care setting is preferred
• Have experience with RAI MDS 2.0 and PointClickCare software is an asset
• Demonstrate excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Hold general knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation
• Exercise excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Work with a customer-focused attitude, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective team relationships with staff and residents
Interested applicants should send their resume directly to [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com