At The Palace LTC it’s the people that make a difference. Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve? Do you want to be a part of a caring, creative and dynamic team? If so, the Palace LTC’s Recreation Department is looking for you! We are located in a quaint rural town located in Alexandria Ont.
- Understand and promote residents bill of rights
- Assist the Director in developing programs and schedule including providing creative input and ideas and suggestions for programs and volunteer recruitment.
- Complete timely and individualized resident assessment and resident profiles with each resident at admission and update them as the resident’s condition changes, goals are met, or at least quarterly.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity in communicating with residents, planning individualized programs and grouping residents of similar backgrounds and interests.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures including but not limited to: Occupational Health and Safety, WHMIS, infection control, etc.
- Must have strong computer skills and knowledge with technology in programming for virtual or remote communications such as Zoom, Skype, Facetime, using different devices.
- Post-secondary diploma or Degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university
- Experience in long term care in developing/ leading programs for residents with varied physical and cognitive ability
- Knowledge of community resources within the service area and able to relate to them in a professional manner
- Commitment to ongoing education to meet resident’s needs and legislative requirements
- Fluently bilingual
Part time position required immediately. (possibility of a permanent position in near future)
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of: Carol MacDonald at [email protected]
In Ontario, Southbridge Care Homes, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
To apply for this job email your details to CaMacdonald@southbridgecare.ca