Website Parisien Manor
Parisien Manor is a 65 bed accredited and licensed long-term care home located in the beautiful community of Cornwall, Ontario.
Are you looking for a unique career development opportunity that focuses on primary care in a long-term care (LTC) setting? Would you like to develop in-depth expertise in the care of older persons and leadership?
Attending Nurse Practitioners are the most responsible provider with overall responsibility for the management and coordination of care for residents in LTC homes.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will provide clinical leadership support for the home’s inter-professional team, working collaboratively with physicians, staff and health system partners in the community. This position will offer roughly 15 hours of contracted services per week.
Spending 70% of your time providing direct medical care to residents, and 30% on clinical leadership you will:
• Develop and implement the residents’ plan of care in collaboration with residents and their families, and the LTC home’s health care team
• Provide proactive screening and assessment, timely episodic care and specialist referrals, follow-up care, ongoing chronic disease management, palliative and end-of-life care
• Provide leadership and mentoring support to LTC home staff to enhance their knowledge, assessment skills and ability to care for residents, optimizing resident health care outcomes
• Contribute to and implement Quality Improvement Plans
• Support internal and external committees respecting the LTC home respecting clinical and professional issues
The successful candidate for this role will:
• Hold a current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (Primary Health Care or Adult) and entitled to practice
• Have a post-graduate education and experience in gerontology (an asset)
• Specialty certification in gerontological nursing (an asset)
• Post-graduate certificate and experience in palliative care (an asset)
• Bilingual English and French would be an asset, but not required
Interested applicants should send their resume directly to [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org