Website West Park Health Centre
West Park Health Centre is a 93 bed long-term care home located on Pelham Road in St. Catharines, Ontario
If you are looking for a flexible opportunity as an independent contractor, and are interested in helping those in long term care, this might be the right role for you!
On a daily basis the Medical Director will support the residents in our 169 bed Long Term Care Home, located in Toronto, Ontario. This Home features a supportive team of nursing, dietary, activation and administrative staff with a holistic approach to individualized resident care in a clean and well-maintained environment.
You will be accountable for the following:
• Direct and organize the Facility’s medical services as required by applicable legislation and Facility policies
• Provide advice and be accountable for the areas of administrative medical services and policies in the Facility, including:
-development, implementation and evaluation of medical services
-an annual review of the medical policies
-preparation of an annual report summarizing the strengths and areas of concern within the medical services program
-quality assurance/improvement activities and processes
-involvement in Facility-wide issues, such as infectious disease outbreak management; and
-participation in the process to develop the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives of the Facility
• Provide advice to the Board of Directors/Owners/Administrator of the Facility on matters pertaining to medical care and services
• Actively participate as a member of the following Facility committees:
-Participate and/or attend such other committees as mutually agreed upon between the Medical Director and the Administrator
• Commit to continuing medical education and maintaining current knowledge and practice in geriatrics and gerontology
• Advise the Administrator, in co-operation with the Medical Officer of Health, of the steps to be taken in the event of an outbreak of communicable disease
• Participate in the review of Placement Co-ordination Service applications
• Participate in in-service education programs each year for Facility staff and/or Attending Physicians
• Facilitate the appointment of specialty consultants to the Facility’s medical staff
• Co-operate with and/or be available during Ministry compliance reviews pertaining to medical issues, including inquiries made by the compliance advisor, advocates, family members, and persons conducting coroner’s investigations
• Sign an Attending Physician’s Agreement if the Medical Director is also an Attending Physician at the Facility
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Currently registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons
• A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors
• Experience in the Long Term Care sector or like experience is an asset but not required
Interested applicants should send their resume directly to [email protected] . We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com