Website Southbridge Care Homes
Reporting to the Director of Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC, the IPAC specialist will be a resident safety expert who leads the planning, development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of system-wide improvements in infection prevention and serve as a role model to promote the goals of the IPAC program within the context of the vision and mission of Southbridge.
You will facilitate change through interpretation and application of standards and provide best practice recommendations with the ultimate goal of improving resident outcomes and preventing disease outbreaks.
You will be accountable for…
• Coordination and implementation of infection prevention and control practices for the homes;
• Participate in the planning of an infection surveillance program and lead the management of outbreaks in consultation with the local public health unit;
• Perform daily infection surveillance and develop monthly surveillance report.
• Educate staff on the principles and practices of infection prevention and act as a resource regarding infection prevention and control;
• Maintain current vaccines for all residents; ensure the homes are in compliance with the infection control guidelines mandated by the Long-Term Care Homes Act;
• Plan, develop, deliver and implement all training/orientation for current and new employees in accordance with legislation and health care standards, and in consultation with the Leadership Committee;
• Regularly evaluate training programs to ensure needs of homes are being met;
• Identify and report safety hazards, conduct regular safety inspections and follow safe working practices and behaviours;
• Provide expert guidance on facility design, maintenance and construction projects;
• Lead the implementation of changes mandated by regulatory, accrediting, and licensing agencies (includes reporting communicable diseases to the local public health);
• Monitor staff compliance with infection prevention guidelines regarding the disposal of sharps and biomedical waste, use of personal protective equipment, hand hygiene practices and provides reports to the Infection Prevention Committees;
• Analyze infection trends, risk factors, and evaluate prevention and control strategies;
• Perform program assessment and make recommendations for correction and improvement;
• Lead the annual influenza vaccination campaign;
• Lead outbreak response efforts in coordination with the local public health unit;
• Conduct research and interpret evidence-based literature in developing IPAC best practices, guidelines, tools and resources.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related field
• Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC)
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in infection control is required
• Previous experience in long-term care as well as knowledge of applicable legislation is an asset
• Experience and proficiency in the following:
-resident care practice
-microbiology and infectious diseases
-epidemiology and biostatistics
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume to our Recruitment team at [email protected] . We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com