Passionate. Caring. Dedicated. Leader.
Does this sound like you? If you are an RN that could be described by the words above and are looking to take a next step in your career, we want to hear from you!
As a member of the Mapleview Management Team, this position will collaborate with Executive Director and will manage of all aspects of the nursing department to ensure quality resident care. To lead with passion, compassion and drive is to be a great success in this role.
You will be accountable for…
- The implementation and evaluation of the nursing department initiatives and functions
- Leads in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care
- Effectively manages utilization of nursing supplies
- Maintains a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level
- Maintains an active presence in mentoring staff while overseeing the provision of quality resident care
- Initiates investigative and corrective actions related to occupational health and safety; works with WSIB claims and return to work plans
- Works on special projects, reviews, and other initiatives
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
- A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors
- Demonstrated experience with WSIB management and other aspect of Occupational Health and Safety
Experience with falls and harm reduction strategies an asset
- Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills
- Developed creative problem solving skills to look at the “big picture”
Interested applicants should send their resume directly to [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to TGivens@southbridgecare.ca