Have you been wanting more variety in your day to day? Do you enjoy working in multi-disciplinary teams? If you are looking for the next step in your career, this might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for!
This dual role will combine the responsibilities of the Dietary and Environmental Service Manager in our 60 bed home to oversee the dietary, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance departments. In this role you will get the variety in your day to day you’ve been looking for, while building on your leadership, time management and project management skills – up for the challenge?
In this dual role you will be responsible for:
- Managing our team of Dietary professionals and ensuring they are well supported
- Ensuring the team is operating within internal and external guidelines and protocols
- Ensuring consistency and Food Safety Standards throughout each meal service
- Building a team of passionate and skillful professionals, including hiring and training
- Planning and executing on a nutrition plan for our residents’ individual needs
- Managing the laundry, housekeeping and facilities of our home, including all aspects of hiring, performance management and scheduling of these team members
- Supervising third part contractors to ensure work meets our requirements
- Managing the departmental budgets, inventory, including purchasing of supplies and equipment
- Maintaining policies and procedures within the department, and leading new initiatives and projects
- All aspects of management of quality and quantity of services and products provided/ produced by departmental staff.
- All aspects of departmental safety program management, including preventative maintenance
- Maintaining records, statistics, and reports in accordance with internal and external policies and guidelines
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Be a member in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management or a Registered Dietician
- Have a post-secondary education in a recognized Food Services and Nutrition Management program
- 2+ years management experience in long-term care setting, with Dietary management experience
- Experience managing employees in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Environmental services certificate in a recognised program, or ability to enroll within 3 months of hire
- Demonstrated experience with building maintenance and upkeep
- Excellent interpersonal, project and time management and communication skills
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume to [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com