“Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
A department that truly helps everyone in our home, our Dietary staff ensures that our residents are provided with nutritious and delicious meals to keep them energized and ready for each day. As a pivotal member to this team, you will prepare the meals that sustain our residents! Are you ready to get started?
You will be accountable for…
- Ensuring food is handled in a safe manner, including proper storage and labelling of food
- Keeping a clean and safe food handling environment
- Executing proper food service in relation to internal and external guidelines and protocols
- Assisting in the preparation and serving of meals in relation to the dietary requirements of each resident
- Assistance with the food service in the dining areas
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Successful completion or enrollment in a Food Service Worker Program meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long-Term Care Homes Act
- Must possess a Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Passion for providing quality care to residents in the long term care setting
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume to our Recruitment team, [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org