Website Chelsey Park
Chelsey Park takes pride in providing care for your loved ones in our home, located centrally in London, Ontario.
Voted the top Long Term Care Home in London the past 5 years running by the London Free Press, Chelsey Park is dedicated first and foremost to one thing, our residents!
Reporting to the Office Manager, our Bookkeeper will be responsible for accounts receivable and payable, resident trust accounting, ministry and public trustee reporting/correspondence and other monthly financial reporting. This position also provides support for payroll and reception as needed.
As a Bookkeeper at Chelsey Park, you will:
• Provide exceptional customer service to residents, visitors, service providers and staff
• Record details of financial transactions through Point Click Care (our electronic health record system)
• Prepare/submit monthly billings to residents, government agencies and other third parties for payment processing; while also receiving payment from same, issues receipts and maintain pre-authorized payment list (PAP).
• Disburse, balance and replenish facility petty cash funds and administer trust accounts for the residents in accordance with the Nursing Homes Act
• Prepare bank deposits, complete reconciliations for accounts
• Support the rate reduction application process for residents
• Be responsible for accounts receivable/collections and processing all vendor payables
• Support the collection and data entry of statistics for the home, regional office and governing bodies as required (MOH, Stats Canada, etc.)
• Support payroll duties including data entry and preparing payroll for submission
• Provide reception support as needed, including answering phones and customer service
The ideal candidate for our team will have the following qualifications and skills:
• A post-secondary certificate or diploma in Accounting, or a related course
• Post secondary education related to payroll administration, or comparable, preferred
• 3+ years of experience in a similar position with working knowledge of general office operations
• Experience in Long Term Care with utilization of Point Click Care is an asset but not required
• Understanding of banking practices and sufficient accounting knowledge to determine proper entries
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have exceptional time management skills
• Hours of work may vary due to needs, therefore flexible schedule is required
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume directly to [email protected] . We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org