Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you like to have fun? Are you creative, passionate and caring?
If yes, this is the role you’ve been looking for! On a daily basis the Activity Aide at West Park Health Center will get to bring joy and fun to our residents. By assisting with the facilitation of different activities for our residents you will have a hand at making someone’s day…every day!
You will be accountable for…
- Planning, implementing and evaluating individual and group activities, in collaboration with the Supervisor
- Preparing for activities and helping residents to the activity areas
- Assist residents during the activities, and report any significant changes to the Supervisor and nursing staff as appropriate
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy
- Work with other departments to meet resident needs
The ideal candidate for West Park will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, or another related field
- Passion for helping others and ability to bring fun and joy to all tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in individual and group program planning, implementation and evaluation for those with differences in cognitive abilities
- Knowledge of and/or experience in working with senior populations
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume to our Recruitment team, [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to ICarter@southbridgecare.ca