Warkworth Place is a fully accredited 60 resident home located in the beautiful village of Warkworth, Ontario.
“Every day you know that you will touch a life, or that a life will touch yours.”
Ready to be part of a team that will truly value your hard work, dedication and effort? Are you passionate about providing compassionate and quality care to residents in long term care? If you are, we want to hear from you!
On a daily basis the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care.
You will be accountable for…
- Ensuring exceptional resident care is provided while following protocols and maintaining physicians’ orders
- Observing, reporting and recording vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate
- Organizing and directing functions and activities related to provision of care to residents
- Assisting in the management of the work of nursing and personal care staff
- Training and professional development of new staff, referring concerns to the Director of Care
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset but not required
- A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors
- Registration/eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario
- Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills
- Developed creative problem solving skills to look at the “big picture”
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume directly to [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to ShPeterson@southbridgecare.ca