Craiglee is a 169 bed home, located in Scarborough, Ontario, and has been operating since 1966.
Do you want a job that is different every day? Do you enjoy being the person everyone goes to for help? Are you a jack of all trades? If so, this might be the role for you!
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager and Administrator, this team member performs general, routine maintenance and servicing operations throughout the facility, keeping our residency safe for all Residents and staff alike! Ready to join our team?
If this was your new position, you would:
- Observe and monitor all areas of the facility for ongoing maintenance and servicing requirements and carries out repairs as required
- Document and implement the preventative maintenance programs
- Perform mechanical maintenance and repairs to equipment
- Perform general maintenance and repairs to plumbing and electrical systems
- Perform general carpentry work and repairs such as installing floor and wall tiles, repairing drywall, mud and taping, etc.
- Refer problems requiring specialized work such as electrical or plumbing, to outside contractors and monitors work performed and obtain approval to do such
- Other jobs around the facility as need be in order to follow procedures and policies regarding the upkeep of the residency
To be successful, you will…
- Technical training in building maintenance required
- 3-5 years experience and/or knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and heating and ventilation systems
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and manuals related to equipment and systems
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume to [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com