Southbridge Lakehead is a 131 resident long-term care home located near Lake Superior in Thunder Bay.
“Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
A department that truly helps everyone in our home, our Dietary staff ensures that our residents are provided with nutritious and delicious meals to keep them energized and ready for each day. As a pivotal member to this team, you will prepare the meals that will sustain our residents! Are you ready to get started?
You will be accountable for…
- Reviews all menus and prepare food and following standardized recipes and production sheets
- In the absence of the Food Services Manager assists with their responsibilities
- Monitor quality and quantity of food supplies and recommends corrective action when need be regarding quality
- Coaches Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Food Services Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment
- Maintains all required records and cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs
The ideal candidate for Lakehead will have the following qualifications and skills:
Must meet one of the three (3) following qualification scenarios:
- Chef training or culinary management certificate/diploma from a program that meets the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act; or
- Certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by an authority meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long Term Care Act, or
- Post-secondary diploma in food and nutrition management or a post-secondary degree in food and nutrition
Additional qualifications include:
- Red Seal Cook Trade Certification preferred
- Experience in institutional large quantity cooking preferred
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment
Interested applicants should send your resume directly to [email protected]. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability related needs and those whom a need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to STurkovic@southbridgecare.ca