At Southbridge Care Homes, our mission is to provide quality care and services through innovation and excellence.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
Protecting the health and well-being of everyone within the Southbridge community is always our top priority. With the spread of COVID-19, we have strengthened our existing protocols, and have established a number of new protective measures, including:
- All staff are screened for any symptoms of illness and temperatures of all staff are taken upon entering the building and before leaving.
- Sending any staff with signs of illness home with instructions to contact Public Health for immediate testing.
- We are working with the LHIN and Ontario Health to access additional staff.
- We have transitioned our part-time staff to full-time hours.
- Consistent with the government directive, our employees are not to work at other homes.
Infection Control and Care
- Close monitoring of all residents for symptoms of the virus as per Public Health directives.
- Residents that have tested positive are in isolation in their room with staff assigned to care for them and tray service for meals in their room.
- Staff continue to provide all necessary care and support to our residents.
- Staff are working in assigned areas to reduce the risk of carrying the virus between home areas.
- Daily contact with public health authorities and Ministry Advisors to carefully monitor the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure all necessary steps and protocols continue.
- The rooms where the residents are living are thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitized including the use of equipment specifically designed to enhance infection control.
- Increased cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as handrails and elevator buttons.
- Ongoing education conducted with staff to reinforce infection control procedures and all new directives.
Personal Protective Equipment Usage (PPE)
- We are providing our staff with the necessary PPE to deliver care and services to our residents and to protect our team members.
- We have ensured that an adequate supply of PPE is available in the near term, with the continued acceptance of donations from caring members of the community.
Connections to outside
- Only essential visitors are permitted to the Home following screening and provision of PPE.
- Maintaining connection and support for the residents to their friends and families through phone calls, emails, text messages or video messaging.
- Testing is being conducted for all residents and staff in partnership with the public health unit.